Hi, I’m Alyson. I’ve always had an interest in fashion and, after being taught how to sew by my Granny, I developed a bit of an obsession with how clothes are put together. These things were just a hobby until I became a mum. I breastfed my daughter for 14 months and realised three things:
- Breastfeeding can be hard
- In the midst of being ‘mum’, I needed to still feel like ‘me’
- What I wore had an enormous effect on my confidence, mindset and ability to tackle 1 and 2 (and life in general!)
Yet finding the clothes I wanted to wear was trickier than I’d imagined it would be.
I knew I still wanted to wear ‘nice’ high street styles and I wanted them to fit my postnatal body. Most importantly, having really struggled with gaining the confidence to breastfeed in public (not helped by a nosey baby who liked to get distracted!), I wanted to be able to feed my daughter easily, discreetly and without feeling I’d had to half undress in the process.
Many failed nightfeed shopping trips later, I realised the clothes I was looking for didn’t exist and that many other women felt equally disappointed at the lack of choice.
So, using what I had learnt about garment construction I decided to doodle out some of the key pieces I felt were missing in breastfeeding wardrobes and went to work to develop them.
Central to each design was my overall aim to provide every individual with ultimate control over the level of body exposure they are comfortable with whilst feeding. After many months of development those doodles turned into Murrelli’s very first collection, featuring our unique breastfeeding access points*.
Today, I’m delighted to be able to offer these garments, and our growing collections, to you as you navigate life as ‘you’, as well as ‘mum’.
I love them and how I feel wearing them.
I know you will too.
*protected design so you won’t find them anywhere else!
It’s All About You
As we continue to grow Murrelli, we will only ever bring you garments that make you feel good by prioritising:
- Fashion – Our seasonless clothes are inspired by current high street trends (so you don’t feel you’re missing out) but made to last and that will look good year round
- Fit – we make clothes that fit post-natal breastfeeding bodies
- Function – through our unique access points you can feed easily and gain ultimate control over your level of body exposure.